Scientist, Molecular Biology
Scientist, Molecular Biology 1360686
Location: Watertown, MA (Onsite)
Science: Next generation targeted delivery of biologics
Therapeutic Areas: Possible metabolic, muscle, neuro and immunological indications
Job Overview: Looking for a PhD Scientist (will consider BS/MS level with extensive experience for Associate Scientist level) with experience working with nucleic acids, qPCR, sequencing and assay development. Most of important of all is the need for someone with impeccable soft skills and a high EQ. If this sounds like you please apply!
- Development of novel assays involving RNA and DNA sequencing and quantification
- Design, development, and troubleshooting of implementation of state of the art CIS display assays to identify exciting new ligand molecules
- Nucleic acids extraction and QC by qPCR and automated/non-automated electrophoresis and fragment analysis
- Design and execution of PCR, genotyping, and/or RNA-seq to assist with cell line characterization
- Use of sterile technique and organization and maintenance of lab space
- Keeping clear data records in ELN
- Presenting and discussing the data to the broader team
- Helping with various lab management needs
- PhD in Biochemistry or related field with 5+ years of relevant lab experience
- Job title will be commensurate with experience
- Broad experience with nucleic acid biochemistry
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with molecular biology techniques
- Ability to follow protocols, SOP, safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills, strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- All employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or receive an approved medical or religious exemption.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.