Computational Biologist 1371838
Location: Silver Spring, MD (onsite)
Science/Focus: Cardiovascular, Pulmonary and Orphan Diseases
Therapeutic Area: Gene Therapy
Job Overview: The computational biologist will utilize modeling techniques to simulate molecular and cellular processes associated with lung physiology and pharmacology, contributing to the development of a computational model for testing therapies aimed at treating lung disease.
- Develop mathematical models of molecular and cellular processes in the lung, including regulation of vasoconstriction and bronchoconstriction, response to hypoxia, toxicity to airways/alveoli, and inflammation and fibrosis.
- Conduct research into mechanistic modeling approaches for biological processes and determine their suitability for specific applications.
- Integrate diverse data sources, such as in vitro cell culture, immunoassays, clinical measurement, and genomic/transcriptomic assays, into model development and calibration workflows.
- Master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) in biomedical engineering, computational biology, or a related field, and a minimum of 6 years of industry experience in developing computational models of biological systems, OR a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in biomedical engineering, computational biology, or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years of industry experience in developing computational models of biological systems (a combination of PhD work and/or postdoctoral experience at a pharmaceutical/biotech company is acceptable)
- Strong expertise in one or more modeling formalisms for systems biology, such as differential equation, logic-based, or agent-based models
- Familiarity with quantitative systems pharmacology and practical experience in modeling and simulation within pharmaceutical drug discovery and development
- Proficiency in numerical methods relevant to modeling and simulation, including solving systems of ordinary and partial differential equations, optimization, and Monte Carlo methods. Must also possess fluency in one or more scientific programming languages such as Python, R, Julia, and MATLAB.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.