Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology 1372351
Location: Watertown, MA (Onsite)
Science: Gene Editing
Therapeutic Area: Genetic Diseases
Job Overview: Looking for a Senior Scientist to support the preclinical pharmacology team. The candidate will be responsible for leading, designing, and executing hands-on in-house rodent studies to determine pharmacodynamic properties and efficacy of test articles in preclinical studies supporting our platform and therapeutic programs.
- Responsible for designing, leading, and executing animal studies to evaluate the pharmacological activity and efficacy of candidate drug test articles in preclinical studies for the development of novel therapies.
- Perform molecular and biochemical assays on tissue samples obtained from preclinical studies.
- Independently analyze and interpret data, meticulously document experiments, and present results within the company.
- PhD in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with 2-5+ years of experience, BS or MS with 7+ years of experience in Biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Experience planning and executing mouse studies is a must; experience with dosing of animals via IV route of administration; dosing of neonates is a plus
- Experience with liver indications
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology preferred
- Familiar with running a variety of molecular and biochemical assays such as ddPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA and luminescence-based assays
- Generation of animal disease models as well as running efficacy studies is a plus
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.