Scientist I/II Next Generation Sequencing
Scientist I/II, Next Generation Sequencing 1376028
Location: Boston, MA (Onsite)
Science: Cell & Gene Therapy
Therapeutic Area: Various
Job Overview: Exciting opportunity for a driven scientist experienced in molecular biology and assay development, to lead NGS production and support our Client’s development of epigenome editing therapeutics, by establishing and managing NGS production and working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate NGS production activities, ensuring sequencing needs are met to advance the epigenome editing platform.
- Optimize NGS production workflows and systems by scaling up with automation, establishing SOPs, and collaborating with other teams.
- Execute assays such as methyl-seq, RNA-seq, and amplicon sequencing, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure generation of high-quality data to support development activities and project goals.
- PhD. with 1-3 years or B.S./M.S. with 10+ years of relevant experience in developing and managing NGS assays and workflows with a degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, genetics, or related disciplines.
- In-depth expertise in NGS assay development and implementation, including methyl-seq, RNA-seq, amplicon sequencing, and single-cell sequencing.
- Proficient in using Illumina short-read sequencers and experienced in molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, RT-qPCR, gel electrophoresis, and fluorescence assays.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented team player with the ability to work independently, adaptability to the fast-paced biotech startup space, and excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.