JOB SUMMARY: The temporary position is in the Vector Production Core in the Technical Operation group. The candidate will be part of a virus production/process development team producing and purifying viral vectors.
• Maintain, transfect, and transduce mammalian cell lines
• Produce, purify, quantify, and characterize viral vectors
• Manipulate viral vectors in BSL1 cell culture
• Analyze and present data, maintain appropriate records of experiments.
• Maintain lab supplies and help with lab organization
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• B.S. or higher in biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
• 2+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company.
• Hands on expertise in mammalian tissue culture
• Experience with viral production and purification preferred, but not required
• Ability to maintain databases in Excel and Access
• Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision
• Strong written and oral communications skills
Preferred but not required
• Experience in PCR, cloning or sequencing
• Ability to write, review and follow SOPs
• Familiarity with QA/QC procedures
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.