All new grads with science backgrounds are encouraged to apply! (Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Biochem, Molecular Biology, etc.)
Incumbents are responsible for performing standardized qualitative and quantitative physical, chemical and bacteriological analyses of environmental samples, industrial waste and related materials.
1. Prepares standard chemical solutions, titrants, reagents, stains and bacteriological media; clean and sterilize glassware, equipment and supplies.
2. Perform physical analyses, including pH, temperature, conductivity, turbidity, and other wet chemistry analyses.
3. Collect varied wastewater samples from specific locations.
4. May assist in sample collection programs for special or short-term projects.
5. Perform both difficult and routine chemical, and bacteriological analyses of water, wastewater, industrial wastes and related materials, following specific procedures.
6. Sets up, calibrates, performs maintenance, operates and performs chemical determinations utilizing a variety of laboratory equipment and instruments.
7. Compiles and records data for a variety of logs, reports and records, performing calculations as required.
8. Assists in ordering, receiving and maintaining an adequate supply of chemicals
and related equipment.
9. Maintains clean and organized work areas.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.