Our client is a global leader in transforming research and developing innovative medicine. They strive to serve patients by transforming science and biotechnology to restore health and save lives.
Seeking a strong process oriented, scientifically minded laboratory animal science professional to join and provide comparative medicine expertise devoted to animal welfare oversight of sponsored services and research models at external laboratories.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting compliance program administrative processes
• Assuring timely handling of submissions which progress to completion to include
information gathering, document retrieval, review and storage
• Responding to questions and requests for information regarding submissions
• Maintaining functionality and efficiency of electronic submission tools and data storage
• Contribute to maintaining a database qualified animal programs
• Coordinating logistics and materials associated with virtual assessments and on-site audits
• Ensuring data integrity, storage and handling of sensitive information, and to internal policies and guidelines governing animal research
• Ensuring the quality and timeliness of the tasks/services provided by self
• Highly self-motivated, driven to excel, ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities and projects
• Exhibits adaptability/flexibility to effectively work in an environment with changing priorities and urgency for project completions
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to function and collaborate successfully in a matrixed team environment
• Bachelors or Associates Science Degree in animal science or related field, or
• Veterinary Technician Diploma with a minimum of 7 years of experience working with laboratory animal species, or
• High School or GED plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a veterinary/in vivo technical role
• Prior experience in animal welfare compliance (i.e. IACUC Coordinator, member of IACUC or compliance group etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in animal science related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical or CRO industry
• Certified by AALAS/CALAS at the LATG/RLAT level, CPIA or equivalent
• Licensed RVT, LVT
• Extensive knowledge and use with Microsoft Office, and other project or data management platforms (e.g. LIMS, eSirius)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.