One of the top growing biotechs in the East Bay are seeking a strong candidate with antibody experience. Our client is developing key breakthroughs in immunotherapy treatments focusing on the individual patient.
The Scientist will support preclinical projects related to antibody discovery and optimization with the goal of developing novel cancer immunotherapies. The successful candidate will contribute to the generation of novel antibody therapeutics and evolution of desired characteristics in candidate drugs.
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or a related field with ≥2 years post-PhD experience, including industry experience
• Alternatively, BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Immunology, or a related field with >5 years experience in industry research
• Strong background in molecular biology and biochemistry with experience in directed evolution approaches including phage display is required. Knowledge of immunology and/or oncology with experience in antibody drug discovery and development is desired
• Strong background in designing phage library and selection campaigns to support antibody research programs for the development of immunotherapeutics
• A strong record of significant achievements in research and scientific creativity as evidenced by core contributions to publications
• Demonstrated experience in the evaluation of biotherapeutics from discovery to lead optimization
• Technical expertise with characterization of engineered proteins through biochemical and in vitro cell based assays
• Highly agile with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace, highly collaborative environment with ability to multi-task
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.