Scientist, Lentiviral Vectors 1027081
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our exclusive biotech partner is building a unique accelerator for cell and gene therapy and needs your expertise in lentiviral vector design and execution in the lab-specific to T-cell and CAR-T therapeutic use. In this role, you will help design the lab, build the team, and work leading projects and driving the lab teams to design and clone lentiviral constructs and produce research scale and grade vectors. You will specialize scientifically in Lentiviral Vector production and cell line engineering in helping drive scientific studies. You also will be able to think inventively about a variety of programs with this unique role. If you can lead from the bench this is a great way to further develop your industry career as a Ph.D. Reach out to the R&D team at Stratacuity today to learn more!
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Utilize advanced molecular biology techniques to design and construct lentiviral expression vectors for cell and gene therapy applications
• Produce research-grade lentiviral vectors for early CAR-T/TCR construct assessment
• Develop and transfer viral characterization assays including functional titer, qPCR and ELISA
• Produce viral-engineered cell lines for research and development assays
• Participate in project team meetings to provide lentiviral vector expertise across the company in a variety of programs
• You will be able to grow into management research associates in daily lab duties and execution of lentiviral technologies
Primary Role Requirements:
• A Ph.D. in Molecular or Cellular Biology and expertise in design and production of lentiviral vectors with some industry experience preferred.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of lentiviral vectors and molecular biology.
• Knowledge of adoptive cell therapy and/or gene therapy fields is preferred.
• Experience with gene editing techniques or stem cells is also a plus.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills are a must.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teammates.
• You must be highly adaptable and responsive and committed to completing tasks in a timely fashion in an ever-evolving biotech environment
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.