Scientist or Senior Scientist, Stem Cell (iPSC) 1037121
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our exclusive client is building a brand new lab and team focused on regenerative stem cell therapy specifically in iPSC focused cells and needs your expertise. They are seeking a Scientist to join their new team and build process and manufacture of clinical grade pluripotent stem cell lines. You will be relied upon to contribute in the lab to the development and technical strategy and troubleshooting of issues regarding pluripotency and cytogenetics regarding iPSC cells. You will also work cross-functionally to help usher projects with various units internally (CMC and Manufacturing). In addition, you will work with an amazing team of cutting edge cell and gene therapy experts and take on a variety of therapeutic programs in this unique biotech. If you have a depth of knowledge in induced pluripotent (iPSC) cell culture and scale up this is the role for you. Contact the Stratacuity team today to learn more!
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Lead and execute lab activities supporting the evaluation of reprogramming technologies and the ultimate creation of clinical-grade iPSC lines
• Develop and optimize analytics tools to characterize stem cell starting material and products in vitro and in vivo
• Develop strategies for the assessment and process development of novel stem cell therapies
• Generate, culture, and characterize iPSC lines in vitro
• Expand and bank stem cell lines
• Contribute to scientific literature and at scientific conferences, as appropriate
• Supervise junior scientists, as appropriate
Primary Role Requirements:
• Ph.D. with 4+ years or an MS/BS with 10 years of industrial experience in Biotechnology, Core Laboratory, or Pharmaceutical settings
• Strong knowledge in pluripotent stem cell biology with relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Demonstrated experience in evaluating pluripotent stem cell lines and genetic or epigenetic issues in pluripotent stem cells
• Hands-on knowledge of cutting edge techniques in the field of reprogramming and cell culture
• Gene editing experience (CRISPR/Cas9, TALEN, etc) is preferred
• Detail-oriented, organized, and technically competent
• Highly adaptable and responsive, and committed to completing tasks in a timely fashion
• Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
• Ability to work independently is a must
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.