Scientist/Senior Scientist, Stem Cell 1045274
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Cambridge based client focused in novel gene therapy drug discovery, is seeking an exception stem cell Scientist to join their ranks. In this role, you will be a pivotal contributor to the R/D team- helping design and lead projects. Key to this position is thorough experience in industry working with stem cell therapeutics, and a keen eye for detail. Apple now to lean more!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Optimizing editing efficiencies in primary human immune cells, hematopoietic stem cells, and model lines.
• Generation of editing reagents using Gibson, USER assembly or other relevant cloning strategies.
• Working with the off-target team to characterize editing profiles using GUIDE-seq, Digenome-seq, CIRCLE-seq or other approaches.
• Profile genomic and proteomic signatures in bulk or single cell populations using qPCR, ddPCR, RNA-seq, flow cytometry, and FACS.
• PrimaryHSPC culture, differentiation and functional characterization.
• Work with a cross-disciplinary team to optimize hematopoietic editing and cell culture approaches.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• PhD in biological science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience.
• Proven expertise in primary immune or stem cell culture [iPSC or HSPC experience a plus].
• Strong scientific background and publication record with proven high levels of performance.
• Experience in hematopoietic stem cell or CAR-T relevant experimental techniques, including both in vitro cellular assays and in vivo transplant models is highly desirable.
• Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA base editors). Previous experience optimizing CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing is strongly preferred.
• Previous experience identifying off-target sites using GUIDE-seq, Digenome-seq, CIRCLE-seq or other is a plus
• Experience working with mRNA is preferred.
• Transcriptome analysis experience – bulk or single cell RNA-seq – is a plus.
• Excellent written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to teams with diverse scientific backgrounds.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.